Tuesday 13 March 2012

THE NUC ACHIEVERS EDITION: ROSEMARY WAIRIMU ON THE DOCK…










At only 20yrs, she has achieved what many can only dream of and she’s  is raring to go on and on as she’s  a unstoppable go-getter. Meet Rosemary popularly known as Rowzie, a 2nd yr student majoring in BBM at Narok University College as she dissects her genius in the world of accountancy and finances to the NESHCOURT.

NESH COURT: Who are you? What would you say if you were to describe yourself? (She looks taken back by the question)

ROWZIE: mmmmhh,I would say that I’m a young girl who is a go-getter, as  in I believe in getting the job done all the way to the end,im very prayerful and I think I’m a perfectionist too. My friends say I’m very shy but I doubt!


NESH COURT: Tell us about your childhood?

ROWZIE:I grew up as ordinary child on the Molo area where we did usual chores done by other girls in the village such as cooking and fetching water, it was a lot of fun. We later moved to Nakuru.


NESHCOURT:What about your family?(gets a distant look in her face as if recalling something)

ROWZIE:Okey,I was brought up by a single mother, I had only one sister who is elder than me. I lost my mum when I was 12yrs old which was a big blow to our family but we still moved on. Up to today my mum is my mentor and she will forever be. She instilled in me the values of hard-work, dedication and commitment to anything I decide to do.


NESHCOURT:So sorry about your mum,im sure she’s  very proud of you wherever she is, how about your academic  background? Could you give a short history?

ROSEMARY: Well, all I can say is that all my life in school have never loved mathematics (I, interrupt to congratulate her for at least sharing that passion with me!)But I was very sharp in English and business studies. I had my eyes sharply focused to  be a journalist and it was never in my mind that I would ever want to do anything else!


NESH COURT:Ooh,so you actually wanted to be a journalist,? don’t worry I wanted to be a long distance bus driver but I’m  doing journalism too hence I will still be travelling, so  you still have a chance for becoming a journalist! Now that you landed in accounts, could you please send some light on the whole issue and how you started?

 ROWZIE:After form four I did a course in computer and after clearing it my elder sister suggested that I take some courses in accounting. I had  the notion  that it’s all about mathematics so I was not for the idea that I take accounts. What I did not know at that time was that she had already paid my fees at Molo College of Accountancy. She told me to go for just two days and if I did not like it I should quit. Being naturally a person who never quits, I reported to the college and decided to combine both section one and two of the CPA(certified public accountant)so as to fail and punish my sister so that she would not dream of paying for me again! On the second day I found myself falling in love with the course as it was not entirely on mathematics. The fact that I was very good in  business worked to my advantage. It my policy in life to never stop mid-way in anything I start so from there I had my mind set on the fact that it was going on and on without stopping up to the last session.



NESHCOURT:Wow!im proud of you and challenged by your determination, how  did you manage to sail through without failing or quitting?

ROWZIE:(blushing)weuwe!I did not sail through. But I failed in one of the simplest areas which is taxation in the last section (6) but I repeated it and came out clean managed that by sheer hardwork, focus and determination. Nothing  is impossible Nesh.



NESHOURT:True that, na sasa  tuongee  biashara,I here you have already clinched a job for yourself with the communications commission of Kenya (CCK)..Shed some light because I’m about to encourage my cousin to throw his heart-matters CV to your side!so ka-HELB kako we will be sharing?!
ROWZIE:(laughing heartily) You are a joker! Anyway, its true I was encouraged by a good friend to send my CV to CCK and it was by sheer luck that I was offered a place .They required a full time person but I can only report there over the holidays! It was the first time I was writing the CV and I thought mine would not be considered because I did not have a lot of experience.Im reporting the very first day we close for the long holidays.

NESH COURT: You are an amazing lady, good for you because at CCK you will still have a chance to be in the media as you wanted to be a journalist, I think it will be a good chance for me to come and market myself there using your name! By the way, what are your future plans for I  trust this is not the end for you?
ROWZIE:I plan to clear with my Bachelors of business undergraduate degree and specialize in insurance. For now I’m thinking of starting with CPS(certified public Secretary) soonest possible. I plan to work with a big financial institution in the long run and I have the central bank of Kenya under my scope. I plan to join a big band as a guitarist too as well. I also hope to join the modeling industry before I settle down as a mother and wife with my children and husband.

NESHCOURT:Go on girl! Wish you all the best and all is possible. What have you been doing to inspire your fellow students in NUC who are taking accounts?

ROWZIE:I have been an active official of Narok University accounting students association (NUASA)this is a club that promotes and encourages the accounting students in this university have been an assistant organizing secretary.Im also a teacher, I have been teaching several students in CPA,for example among them is the current academic director Steve Biko.


NESHCOURT:Now,a lot of students have taken up CPA and dropped mid way or on the start including yours truly  of Neshcourt  who “ate” CPA fees with a Chuka university lecturer! What message do you have for such students, those that feel like they picked CPA by a wrong chance?

ROWZIE: Well, most students are dropping out due to peer pressure from their friends. For example it’s on a Friday and all your friends are going out for rave and you have to be left in the library doing your studies, then they fail one part one feels like they are being left out.Onother misconception doing rounds is that people who have reached the final section are never considered for the jobs because they are thought to be expensive. Fact is, that is not true, employers will always go for the top most level. I remember that at one point while I was taking section 3 and 4 I almost quit but it’s by Gods grace that I remained faithful to  my dream .I urge them to hold on  and they will emerge victors.


NESHCOURT: So, there must be life beyond those accounting books and calculators, how do you unwind?

ROWZIE:I love singing, I recently leant how to play the guitar, I write poetry,watch movies with my girlfriends. I also love to play computer games such as NFS and GTA.


NESHCOURT:(with a chuckle)yesterday  when I ran an advert on FB about this interview, a lot of smitten guys were like, remember  to include her photo and phone number!Unfortunately,im sure they are not looking for somebody with CPA to give a job but to share their love, so are you dating?!

ROWZIE:(smiling shyly)Yes I’m dating. I emphasize that I’m not in a relationship.


NESHCOURT: so, does that mean one can throw their CV your way?

ROWZIE:weuwe!!No, I said I’m dating a wonderful guy and all I can disclose for now is that he is schooling in Kenyatta University.



NESHCOURT: Wow! Thats wonderful, but then I’m sure this must have broken many a hearts in NUC including one Nthiga of FB who really wanted your number but compe ni compe so ..nitampea still!!(Laughing loudly)
Before we wind up,could you say 3 things that people don’t know about you?

ROWZIE:1.kikuyu and luhya half-cast, my Luhyia name is Namikhoye
                  2.I hate chocolates so much,yhhack!!
                   3.I can be irritatingly noisy despite many people thinking I’m very calm and quiet(ask                                                   
                       My roomies)



NESHCOURT:Thanks for your time, you are such a determined lady and we wish you all the best, parting shot?

ROWZIE:I urge the youth to embrace individuality, be original, you are not your cousin, your friend or even your sister, the moment you start being yourself everything falls in place!!


3 comments:

  1. Wow! That's wonderful. Just remember the Almighty in all that you do. I believe you'll get there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. youmean she is a devil i love dat book an appointment i want to be one +254706054274

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you desire to be rich, famous, powerful in life or have you been looking for an opportunity to be a member of the great BROTHERHOOD Illuminati or are you a business man or woman and you want your business to move to the top or are you a pastor an artist or are you tired of poverty and you want instant wealth. Here is the best place for you to be and experience a total turn around in your life be warn you must be 18 years and above You can contact US via EMAIL ADDRESS: Worldofriches@gmail.com or Call/Text +16506538578 to be a member of the great Illuminati.

    ReplyDelete