Wednesday 29 August 2012

I FORESEE ALL THE SYMPTOMS OF A GENOCIDE IN KENYA………….UNLESS…


I  FORESEE ALL THE SYMPTOMS OF A GENOCIDE IN KENYA………….UNLESS…

I have a feeling that this will not go down well with some citizens who have no guts to stomach the truth.Unfortunately, I am not a sooth-sayer neither do I have the time to please anybody.

March this year, we held students elections in my campus (Narok University college,) an affiliate of Moi university and students, nay, graduates, ganged up according to the tribes from which they come from so as to elect ‘ their’ leaders. I thought that was the worst scenario,  little did I know that I had not seen anything.The campus being in Maasailand,the Maa students felt that it was there right to have the university chairman and all the other leaders come from their community. One of them who was a prominent student leader from the Maa even wrote on the social media site asking  fellow students to stay out of the campus politics as his elders had donated the land to build the university, mind you it was a national public institution for higher learning.
 I stood strongly against that statement which came from a graduate who was supposed to be a torch bearer for his community. I blogged a long lecture  to him on why things were not expected to go like that especially from him. At  the end of the day, my article had been printed, taken to the Maa elders to be analyzed  ,taken to the lawyers to sue me, taken to the dean of students to take a disciplinary action against me, taken to the principal of the university college to analyze it and find a reason to chase me out of campus, but at the end of the day, the dean of students called me and shook his head sadly saying, “My son, I fear what you have written is the truth and there is no way we can punish you for condemning tribalism ,unfortunately, I am  very much afraid for your life, please  be careful for there is nothing much we can do, these people  we are also used to them and it is even very difficult to discipline a worker from the community since the university is “theirs”. Just continue writing but don’t write things that will make them mad “in other words he was encouraging me to write lies to please them. The test of objectivity in journalism arose. Unfortunately,im so bad in flattering and so I continued writing the truth that hurts and collided with many false leaders and endured many a threats. At last, to cut the long story short, What I was warning about all along came to pass.The student leader who got elected  was clobbered almost to death  just because he was from the “wrong community” Armed   Maa students  entered the campus and terrorized fellow students  and I remember calling a few friends in the media while in hiding as the armed goons took over the school. The security personnel  being a majority from Maa even spoke with them in their  native language as they run havoc in the university. For  those asking where media was, let me answer you. I pity today’s  journalism and the media in general. I  don’t know if to blame the kiosks media schools or the corrupt journalists who lack even the most basic ethics. There came one correspondent from the Star newspaper in Narok  who could have either been paid or has never attended a single journalism class who wrote the story and the clobbered chairman was the villain and those who clobbered him became heroes of the campus..No other media house featured  the story. Not that they never heard about it, they  choose to close one eye and looked at it just like another small incidence..My point is this, That is a University scenario, lets look at the ordinary folks now, some or rather a good number are completely  illiterate, broke, idle, bitter and have all the time in the world  and tell me why Kenya will not burn down come March 2013.
As I write this, I’m  holed up in the house down at Mombasa  because I can’t venture out due to fear of the raging mob and looters in town. A radical Islamic preacher  who was shot dead probably by fellow masters of  terrorism for double crossing a deal has given all the Mombasa looters, idlers and other criminals  a reason to run the streets like we are in a lawless state. I don’t  support extra-judicial killing, I loathe terrorism even more. The man Sheikh Rogo was on the United Nations and USAs  watch list for international terrorists. Its open knowledge that he publicly declared that the number of  Christians killed in the Mandela church attack was too small a number,17 people lost their lives. He was later arrested with several weapons including 170 detonators which the police claimed he wanted to use on innocent citizens at Kenya ferry crossing and others at the Nyali bridge.I have seen the  way the ruling by the high court that made the Kenyan coast secessionist group MRC  a time bomb as far as Kenyan national security is concerned. Politicians being the hyenas and scavengers they are all now toying with the group as they try to woo them of coastal votes even as they claim coast is not in Kenya and claim that the people at coast should not vote in the oncoming general elections .They are behaving like the proverbial mouse that plays with the cat to the extent of entering inside the cats mouth  to clean the pieces of meat stuck in the teeth!
I get worried when churches are petrol  bombed and I shiver at the thoughts of what would happen if some radical Al shabaab extend their propaganda war to the extent of bombing a mosque so as to make it appear like Christians have hit back. What will stop us from going the Nigerian way? Religious orgy of massacre? We have got so much used to the grenades such that these days we would rather fight the police with grenades while rioting than using stones(I hear in some first world countries they use eggs and tomatoes!)well   maybe Americans and Japanese are very poor and also lack the technology to make hand grenades!!mark you, we are so advanced in technology that we are still importing nail cutters and match sticks!!

Then enters Miguna.His theatrics aside, who has the right to take his rights of assembly ,expression and association away? I wonder what new constitution we are enjoying and marvel at our democracy that does not allow constructive critics of those in positions of authority? All the signs of disrespect of the rule of the law are there.

The other day, as the Kayole suburb of Nairobi touts were demonstrating, they  had the guts to scream that Kayole is a Mungiki  stronghold and nothing can be done about it…If the MRC is for coast, Mungiki  Nairobi and Chingololo Western what happens to the rest of the country?
The leaders are all silent in pretence that all is well. All is not well my brothers. They were busy enjoying some birthday in the name of a constitution when all hell broke loose in Tana river, perhaps it was gods who wanted to tell them to stop pretending that all is well. Tana river crashes seemed like nothing and the government of course gave a strong warning to the perpetrators. warnings are official  part of national governing policies now.
The formation of GEMA,GEMA2 and KAMATSA  should have sent the right signals to all concerned Kenyans for it was a strong reminder to Kenyans that they belong to different tribes but not Kenya.I wonder what will happen if all the 43 tribes decided to elect their own president. People? don’t you smell the fire? don’t  you see the signs?
The media barons have either been paid to keep quiet, or to bury their heads to the sands. There should be so much advocacy coming from the media but all we get is politicians, politics, dramas, chaos, crime and opinion polls!!i wonder whether politics appears anywhere in our vision 2030 or is it 3020?
Unless you change and try to change your neighbor,all is not going to be well dear Kenyans,I see a  repeat of things worse than the 2007/08 violence, what are you going to do as an individual to avert the oncoming crises?

3 comments:

  1. I dont see the point of blaming politicians in this, it is their means of livelihood to divide people. I blame the person who follows a leader because the guy is from their tribe and condemn the other because he is from the other tribe. Tribalism is not a problem of our leaders it is a problem in us (the general population). If we want a good state, we must be willing to walk the talk (of non-tribal affiliation). It is so easy for people to see the other community as tribal and not starting the change process themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great courage, great vision, but concentrate more on the issues as opposed to your involvement in them. Tell the story, dont become the story, and you will go far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My name is Dr Best William.. I'm a member of the illuminati I was initiated 2015 by the help of John simon who is a blessing to my life, ever since I
    was made an illuminati member my life has really changed now I mean I'm ' stable could do the the things i could not do before but all thanks to Mr John and the great illuminati brotherhood.
    and I notice that I can't take this glory alone so if you are also interested to join the brotherhood I can help you to get in contact with Mr john.. WhatsApp us on .+12184321139..::: Email me on illuminatifatherbest@gmail.com. these are::::: or call me on +2348140066602
    The benefit of Illuminati
    1.a dream car net worth of 1millon dollars depend on what you want
    2.a dream house net worth of 2.5million dollars
    3.the freedom to tour round the world as you like .
    4.a monthly salary
    5.power we be given to you that when you speak people listen
    6. Fame you we be know round the world as a man the shake the universe
    7. Your family we be under the protection of Illuminati brotherhood
    8. The free to do what we want we be yours
    To get all this wonderful benefit illuminatifatherbest@gmail.com or whatsapp us on +12184321139
    Or call us +2348140066602
    🔯 🔯 🔯

    ReplyDelete